This week the BalCC Senate ran an Amazing Grace event for Year 9-11 students. An obstacle course was set up throughout the grounds of BalCC and students had the challenge of making their way through the various challenges.
Senate is the Senior School Student Representative Council (SRC) and facilitates leadership and decision making by all students within BalCC. It is an important way to provide meaningful leadership opportunities for students and to promote a voice for students in school decision-making. The Student Representative Council is:
• Educational by developing skills in leadership and communication.
• Democratic because every student has a voice.
• Responsible for solving real problems and making real decisions.
• Sharing decision-making with the principal, teachers, other students and the school community.
• Caring about the College, what happens in it and to it
• Fun and Rewarding for everyone in the school.
Students involved in the SRC have the opportunity to develop skills in leadership and communication and gain an understanding of democratic processes by being actively involved in activities that engage the College community as a whole.
Well done to all on Senate for organising the Amazing Grace